KJIIOIIIKA

No ROI, no glory!

(edited)

Hey there! My name is Alexey and I am the chief editor at DraftGym. You might know me as the guy who posts weekly EPL previews here, I hope you find them useful! I have been playing daily fantasy on FanTeam for the past 3 years. I still continue to explore the game, fine tune my strategies and watch our European fantasy community grow.

I will be sharing my thoughts on daily (and the official FPL) fantasy here, rejoice when I nail those picks and let my frustration fill the pages of this blog when things go wrong. 

There will be screen shots of my daily fantasy teams, comments about the games I watch and other things mostly fantasy related. 

Feel free to ask me any questions and share your views on EPL and fantasy sports here!

IMG_20180624_192024.jpg

Edited by KJIIOIIIKA

(edited)

It beats me why Guardiola starts Foden on the wing with DeBryune out injured and benches Mahrez. Foden is the one to dictate the play from the center, which he tried to do in the last 20 minutes or so. A fine Derby, a desrved win for the hosts all in all I would say.

Glad that my Martial (12% owned) and Fernandez (21% owned) recommendations worked. Both were excellent again.

Edited by KJIIOIIIKA

Just now, KJIIOIIIKA said:

Chelsea are becoming as unpredictable daily fantasy wise as Bournemouth.

160322776_Screenshot2020-03-09at08_11_40.png.44b7afcc057530f0791fef63685b79f3.png

I was looking into the last 17 game weeks Chelsea played in the Premier League. It's funny how they never scored over 2.5 goals when the probability was close to 50% (GW 14, 15, 17, 19).

On 3/9/2020 at 2:02 PM, MikeShow said:

I was looking into the last 17 game weeks Chelsea played in the Premier League. It's funny how they never scored over 2.5 goals when the probability was close to 50% (GW 14, 15, 17, 19).

Gameweek 14 was most memorable. I had 70% of my teams captained by Chelsea players.

Just an illustration of what a roller-coaster experience playing daily fantasy can be.

I finally started to enter teams into SCOFF 2020 sattelites (the largest GPP tournmanet on FanTeam to date with 500K euros guaranteed). Last week was my first attempt with 8 teams entered into the 5,5 euro direct sattelites. 

I captained Antonio, who got me 24 points, was picked by 21%, but captained by a meagre 2%. I knew I had a shot at it with Richarlison and Calwert-Lewin left to play. To my satisfaction, the latter scored early on (while I was taking a piss) and I was full of optimism. I was besided myself when he scored the second time in extra time! I instantly went to check how that affected my team, as the game was nearly over. Well, I was second, only to fall to fourth once it got dissalowed by VAR... 

Well, it happens. I got lucky a few times with late goals back in my fantasy career, so I thought. It was a bit hard to take, but that what fantasy is all about. I decided not to dwell on it.

scoff 1.png

This week I tried again with 9 teams entered into the 5,5 euro sattelite. 

I decided to ignore Leicester assets in all my teams pretty much, since they were a bit too pricey due to inconvincing displays of late. Heck, I even wrote about it in my fades section here at DraftGym.

Still, I try to create a few teams every slate that are the opposite of what my train of though for the slate is. I relied heavily on Watford as my budget picks, and on Arsenal to score a lot. So in this team I decided to go for Crystal Palace (I didn't see many goals in that game anyways) and West Ham, whose prices were rather good. 

And I just couldn't ignore Leicester against Villa, since the rest of my team was very cheap. Going to bed before the Leicester game (it aired late at night where I live😴) I knew I had a fighting chance again. I just needed goals from my Leicester assets, a couple would be even better. 

My vice-captain was Barnes, who I knew many would not pick as captain, in case Vardy was a no-show. A differential captain is what wins you tournaments, as was almost the case with Antonio last week. Barnes was captained by only 2,8% indeed. 

Had myself a happy morning, when I opened up FanTeam lobby😃

Two stories with different outcomes happening one game week away from each other. 

The morale of the story is: it doesn't hurt entering a few teams that you create contrary of your vision, reviews or bookies odds. Read those reviews, check the odds and predictions, but always think yourself about who you want to pick. Don't afraid to play contrarian, that's what wins you tournaments and enjoy fantasy with all its unpredictable twists.

scoff 2.png

(edited)

The only good thing about the COVID-19 outbreak is watching EPL players' funny videos of what they are doing in self-isolation. Staying positive is one of the ways to tackle the virus and the mass hysteria. And taking medically prudent measures as well, of course. 

Hope we get to watch football of the highest quality soon.💪

Edited by KJIIOIIIKA

Watching some of the best games EPL games from the previous years  might sate the football thirst at the weekend. But I am looking forward to doing more things with my kids and family, to be honest.

What are your plans for another  weekend without football and fantasy football?

What I find encouraging is the fact that we will have some never seen before daily fantasy slates when the whole thing resumes in May. We might have to play EPL fantasy football every night like those NHL regs do😁

I hope Fanteam come up with some new formats as well.

On 3/10/2020 at 8:47 PM, KJIIOIIIKA said:

scoff 2.png

A bit bummed by SCOFF being cancelled. On the other hand, FanTeam will reimburse us the price of entry. One grand will be quite welcome in my bank account in such turbulent times. 

Gary Neville's Soccerbox is great fun to watch in the meantime.
Rewatching some old games can be fun as well - watched Manchester City vs QPR 2011, relived the memories.

f18cadfedcd9cdd38f3dcd1dcbf65546bc20413c.jpg

(edited)

FanTeam have made a step forward as far as the layout and user experience are concerned. Stumbled across some old screen shots from 2016-17 I guess 

P_20160826_000551.jpg

Edited by KJIIOIIIKA

According to Fanteam twitter, the eSports fantasy product is in the works. Never played any of those popular games (even Fifa) for a substantial period of time, but will get my feet wet for sure. My nephew is into Dota, really counting on his expertise.

(edited)
On 3/20/2020 at 7:31 AM, KJIIOIIIKA said:

A bit bummed by SCOFF being cancelled. On the other hand, FanTeam will reimburse us the price of entry. One grand will be quite welcome in my bank account in such turbulent times. 

I got my ticket reimbursed already. Would've preferred to play the SCOFF though

Edited by spuGGy

(edited)
11 minutes ago, spuGGy said:

I got my ticket reimbursed already. Would've preferred to play the SCOFF though

So did I. yeah, it's a mixed bag of emotions. If you have read khan's interview (posted yesterday in the interview section), I totally agree with him - these tournaments make you feel "special". Qualifying for them ain't easy and I wanted to experience the thrill of the final with so much prize money to be won.

Edited by KJIIOIIIKA

Hello my very old friend 🖐️
Nice to meet you 😘

What do you think about eSports? Dota 2? LOL? Or maybe CS? 
Choose a weapon! I'm ready for a duel with you (on the stream) 👍

5 minutes ago, fanat_fcdk said:

Hello my very old friend 🖐️
Nice to meet you 😘

What do you think about eSports? Dota 2? LOL? Or maybe CS? 
Choose a weapon! I'm ready for a duel with you (on the stream) 👍

Nice to see you here, indeed 🖐️

I have never played E-sports games, but will be ready to battle once it launches. Probably Dota, since I can get some advice from my nephew. 
I play mostly strategy and city-builder games on PC. 

One of the obvious advantages of living is Siberia is our natural distancing from like the whole world, really) 

Heck, we might even have schools reopen next week. Still trying to stay at home when possible though. Enjoyed watching review of the 2015-16 season today in the morning while the kids were asleep. Even remembered some of the fantasy teams I built back then. 

Remember ignoring Leicester in my first FPL season for soo long thinking their bubble would burst. Never happened. What a season!

leicester-city-premier-league-champions-2015-2016-trophy-lift-v2.jpg

(edited)
8 hours ago, KJIIOIIIKA said:

One of the obvious advantages of living is Siberia is our natural distancing from like the whole world, really) 

Heck, we might even have schools reopen next week. 

Well, I was running ahead of the train there. Just came back from my hockey practice and found out there will be a country-wide lockdown next week. A one-week holiday for everyone. What a time to be alive and start a DFS blog.😄 The only thing I wish for is some actual sport on TV and some people here leaving comments. 🤪

Edited by KJIIOIIIKA

(edited)

This is how my fanteam journey started in 2015. Sadly, the player points are not displayed any longer. It was a winner-takes-it-all freeroll. I had lost the 50 prize euros I got, but decided to stick with Fanteam.

Some of those lineups... and those players...

2015 fanteam.png

Edited by KJIIOIIIKA

19 hours ago, KJIIOIIIKA said:

This is how my fanteam journey started in 2015. Sadly, the player points are not displayed any longer. It was a winner-takes-it-all freeroll. I had lost the 50 prize euros I got, but decided to stick with Fanteam.

Some of those lineups... and those players...

I actually remember you winning that tournament quite well. Was one of the rare ones with the WTA prize structure enabled. 

15 minutes ago, MikeShow said:

I actually remember you winning that tournament quite well. Was one of the rare ones with the WTA prize structure enabled. 

Yeah, I think there were only a couple of those. Fond memories