milfhunter

EPL €100k Event

4 minutes ago, milfhunter said:

The dry scoring, pursuit, the few games, the no limit per team. These 4 things combined makes the game incredibly stupid.

We will see some unconventional teams, for sure. Luckily, there is a classic tournament, albeit with lesser guarantees. I will be loading up most of my teams there.

Still, despite all the things you've mentioned (add top-heavy prize distribution), I will enter a few ultra-diffrential teams into the 100k tournament. It's the largest the've had to date, so don't want to miss out escpecially if there is overlay.

5 minutes ago, KJIIOIIIKA said:

We will see some unconventional teams, for sure. Luckily, there is a classic tournament, albeit with lesser guarantees. I will be loading up most of my teams there.

Still, despite all the things you've mentioned (add top-heavy prize distribution), I will enter a few ultra-diffrential teams into the 100k tournament. It's the largest the've had to date, so don't want to miss out escpecially if there is overlay.

I don't mind unconventional teams or changes to the game. "Classic" as it is now apparently called isn't perfect either. However the particular changes that have taken place are not good. The best strategies will be banaI. I'm sure there are lots of people who like it though, just look at the brain dead CSGO tournaments filling every day. Catering to people who want thrill but no effort is probably the best strategy for Scout.

1 hour ago, milfhunter said:

Catering to people who want thrill but no effort is probably the best strategy for Scout.

Some FanTeam top-reg's have mentioned this as well. There is a contrasting opinion published in our interviews section as well.

When it comes to the so-called "classic"format, I think Impact points should be the first to go. Makes little sense. What would you change in the scoring besides Impact? 

(edited)
35 minutes ago, KJIIOIIIKA said:

Some FanTeam top-reg's have mentioned this as well. There is a contrasting opinion published in our interviews section as well.

When it comes to the so-called "classic"format, I think Impact points should be the first to go. Makes little sense. What would you change in the scoring besides Impact? 

It's a delicate problem and as I don't design the game I haven't thought about it in such detail that I can currently give a very meaningful answer. However spontaneously I think that more actions should give points and clean sheet points should be lowered (and stacking penalty removed). Impact can be kept as long as other stats are added, making it relatively less important. I actually think the "low effort" players would also enjoy more stats as it makes following the leaderboard and the games more fun, especially when the games are at separate times like they are on the upcoming weekend,  leading to the number of events per time unit being very low. I don't think there is a need to completely re-haul the scoring system, rather I think things can be added on top of it.

With regards to pursuit I currently don't have a strong opinion. Whatever makes new players hooked on the game is better I guess.

Edited by milfhunter

(edited)
19 minutes ago, milfhunter said:

It's a delicate problem and as I don't design the game I haven't thought about it in such detail that I can currently give a very meaningful answer. However spontaneously I think that more actions should give points and clean sheet points should be lowered (and stacking penalty removed). Impact can be kept as long as other stats are added, making it relatively less important. I actually think the "low effort" players would also enjoy more stats as it makes following the leaderboard and the games more fun, especially when the games are at separate times like they are on the upcoming weekend,  leading to the number of events per time unit being very low. I don't think there is a need to completely re-haul the scoring system, rather I think things can be added on top of it.

With regards to pursuit I currently don't have a strong opinion. Whatever makes new players hooked on the game is better I guess.

One such action could be winning the ball, whether it be by tackle or interception. Other possibilites that I can think of right now are shots, shots assisted (chances created), crossing. Goalkeepers could get points for sweeping or catching the ball. All of these stats are meaningful events in the game and not just noise.

Edited by milfhunter

13 minutes ago, milfhunter said:

One such action could be winning the ball, whether it be by tackle or interception. Other possibilites that I can think of right now are shots, shots assisted (chances created), crossing. Goalkeepers could get points for sweeping or catching the ball. All of these stats are meaningful events in the game and not just noise.

I'll also add that I think classic scoring is fine when lineups are 11-man and max 3 players per team. I'ts when the lineups are smaller that the need for something different really shows up. Pursuit improves the "maneuver room" somewhat in these situations, but it's not enough.

(edited)
2 hours ago, milfhunter said:

I don't think Fanteam want to go down that root as it seems they are looking to simplify the game (not sure how stacking penalties, bonus point etc. work towards that goal though). Personally, I would love to see interceptions, chances created, shots and tackles added to the mix combined with fine tuning player pricing. I would get rid of stack penalties and impact points and by fine tuning prices made sure the 3+2 defenders strategy doesn't become dominant again. 

If you have read my blog here, I am still not sure wheter I like Pursuit or not, so I am on the same page with you there. 

To be honest, the scoring system on Fanaments (closed down a few years back) was perfect with dynamic pricing implemented. It made attacking contribution valuable, but gave a chance for cheaper defensive minded players to make up the gap with defensive actions.

Fanaments scoring.jpeg

Edited by KJIIOIIIKA

What I like about Pursuit is that the slates are short. Sometimes, there are no big teams playing and you have to go to lesser team for your picks, that's always been interesting for me personally. And you don't have to wait for Monday games, play, win or lose on Saturday, forget and move on. 

On 9/10/2020 at 4:44 AM, milfhunter said:

Hello, OP here. In hindsight I feel like dumbass for talking down on this tournament. I'd take it anytime over the miniature tournaments that are being offered now.

Yeah, I feel you. I doubt we'll see many full-week tournaments this year on fanteam. there are user-created tourneys though. Enjoyed drafting some classic teams there this week. We will be launching something along the traditional fantasy game with prizes from draftgym in the near future as well

3 hours ago, milfhunter said:

and another shit weekend upcoming

If I have understood right, Fanteam will host some special tournaments after gameweek 5 for those players who have participated into the season game.

6 hours ago, flashy said:

If I have understood right, Fanteam will host some special tournaments after gameweek 5 for those players who have participated into the season game.

Interesting. Can you tell me more about this or point me in a direction where I can read about it?

At least we will have a classic tournament this weekend.

I highly doubt we will have any Weekly Monsters, if the schedule stays the way it is for the first three gameweeks.

7 hours ago, milfhunter said:

Interesting. Can you tell me more about this or point me in a direction where I can read about it?

Fanteam -> Support -> Fantasy Football -> Premier League 20/21 season game 1 million and there is text about "Additional Exclusive Tournaments"

1 hour ago, flashy said:

Fanteam -> Support -> Fantasy Football -> Premier League 20/21 season game 1 million and there is text about "Additional Exclusive Tournaments"

Yeah, I am prety curious to see those. Should be rather fun

2 hours ago, spuGGy said:

At least we will have a classic tournament this weekend.

I highly doubt we will have any Weekly Monsters, if the schedule stays the way it is for the first three gameweeks.

I am also quite hyped for it. Yes, the guarantees are kinds meh compared to what we used to have, but the buy-in is only 5 euros. I was starting to lose hope, but I hope it's the first of many more to come

(edited)

After being spoiled with 50k tournaments last season, any 10k tournament regardless of format is just meh to me. I'm happy for everyone who wants to play the 10k classic though.

Edited by milfhunter

On 9/16/2020 at 8:35 PM, milfhunter said:

After being spoiled with 50k tournaments last season, any 10k tournament regardless of format is just meh to me. I'm happy for everyone who wants to play the 10k classic though.

Well, those were 20 euro buy-in 50k guaranteed slates. Now we have 5 euro 10k, which is only slightly worse as far as ration of buy-in to prize pool is concerned. If Fanteam rolls out 20k guarantee with a 5 euro buy-in, that would be better than last years monster slates.