FPL_Pup

Project Restart with DGW

(edited)

Project restart starts with unlimited transfers and a DGW (AVL, SHU, MCI & ARS).

For me, the following are essentials (permitting you can ship them with a wildcard):

• Grealish
  • 2 SHU defence
  • 1 big hitter from Aguero/Auba (try for both!)
  • KdB

Agree? Disagree?

Any questions, opinions or team checks just comment!

Edited by FPL_Pup
Tags

13 hours ago, FPL_Pup said:

Project restart starts with unlimited transfers and a DGW (AVL, SHU, MCI & ARS).

For me, the following are essentials (permitting you can ship them with a wildcard):

• Grealish
  • 2 SHU defence
  • 1 big hitter from Aguero/Auba (try for both!)
  • KdB

Agree? Disagree?

Any questions, opinions or team checks just comment!

It's hard for me to disagree with your assessment as I have all my chips intact. I am going to go heavy on DGW players. Was thinking about Auba, but now I am leaning towards Aguero more. Just feel (and feeling is what we have to go by now as we are all just guessing) like AGuero's upside is higher despite Pep's roulette during the DGW.

I have everyone else you've mentioned. 

Even your Triple captain chip? This should be an eventful few weeks for you!

I would agree with that thinking. Aguero is so explosive that I would fear not having him. Auba is a very good option and Arsenal's best by a distance which is I am going for him too. Lacazette is not nailed to start and Pepe still does not warrant his price tag. So that limits our options.

Saka as a 5th mid is great value and worth the punt in my opinion for those Bench Boosting and who still have their Wildcard.

4 hours ago, FPL_Pup said:

Even your Triple captain chip?

Saka as a 5th mid is great value and worth the punt in my opinion for those Bench Boosting and who still have their Wildcard.

Yeah, triple captain included. Worried about Saka's minutes though. Playing around with Pepe in my squad...

(edited)

Yea Saka is a small gambler but he helps free up funds and will at least get 3 points IMO.

I am very anti-Pepe so take my word with a pinch of salt. He's been a slow starter but his numbers and performances have much improved lately. I am playing it safe with Auba

Edited by FPL_Pup

(edited)

I am going with Agu_auba in my latest draft. Like Ben Crellin's idea of going for GW30 bench boost + build for gw 32. FRee hit gw 31, Wild Card week 33. 

What I like with this approach is that team's form and motivation will be evident by GW 33 making a wild card even stronger

Edited by KJIIOIIIKA

Sounds a good approach.

I haven't been building at all towards GW 31+, but I have been pondering delaying my WC a week and using FH before it.

But knowing me once I start seeing price movements I will click WC!

60 points with BB. Moved from 9 to 8k.

KdB non-captain hit me (thanks David Luiz), otherwise I'd be flying. But if Aguero starts Monday I am hoping he hits close to KdB's points. Aguero looked fantastic when he came on.

I also activated the WC last night.

How di you get on?

image.thumb.png.43073c3e33d5aaa721abad8c976eae6c.png

2 hours ago, FPL_Pup said:

60 points with BB. Moved from 9 to 8k.

KdB non-captain hit me (thanks David Luiz), otherwise I'd be flying. But if Aguero starts Monday I am hoping he hits close to KdB's points. Aguero looked fantastic when he came on.

I also activated the WC last night.

How di you get on?

Posted a screen of my team in my blog. Looks quite similar) Had KdB captained, but I agree with your thoughts on Aguero. WIll be captaining him in my daily teams tonight.

Soooo, do you have Danny Ings in your teams? He is scoring at will and looks like a must have for the remainder of the campaign given Southampton's decent for and all. Plan to WC this week, you think I should have him?

There is two sides to consider for Danny Ings in my opinion.

1) From a stats standpoint since FPL returned his numbers haven't been great. I saw one interesting tweet yesterday: last3 games Ings has had 1 big chance and a total expected goals of 0.85. Stronger upcoming defences in City, Everton and Man U may stop this run he is on

2) I see Ings as a Vardy 2.0 in the sense he is a stat buster. By that I mean he doesn't need many chances to score. So can't look at this solely from the numbers.

So consider the above when WCing. I would try a team with and without him and compare. use the GW planner on my twitter to see which team then looks best week on week until the end of the season.

There is no right and wrong answer here I find...

Near top 10k well done. Hopefully you crash it!

Team looks good but there are 2 positions I would not be sold on.

Jesus is one. So far we have seen that the absence of Aguero doesn't guarantee him starts. I also think Mount needs to be Pulisic, or Willian if not him. Mount has very few returns of late. It makes sense to want a CHE mid but he hasn't been doing much.

1 hour ago, FPL_Pup said:

Worth ditching slabhead for him.

He is pretty much essential at that price. I don't even know what to do with all these funds now.

Would like to have Salah given his form, but not ready to ditch City+united coverage for him. You got him?

Don't have him no. I would not say to people don't get him or sell him. But I am on KdB, Mahrez, Pulisic, Bruno and Martial. I am happy with them.

He will be high on the Free Hit list for GW38+ though for sure!

That's my troops going into the gameweek. Not optimal. Hating Mount and my goalies for this gameweek. Will be lloking to replace one of my 4.0 defenders. Shame didn't pick that Lamptey lad when Wildcarding. Seems he's made the starting spot his. Though Liverpool's fullback would see more rotation, tbh.

Screenshot (10).png