KJIIOIIIKA

DraftGym Bench Press League

(edited)

Following the announcement of DraftGym Bench Press League, here is the place to hang out and discuss how you are faring in our competition with some great prizes up for grabs. The tournament will span over the course of the remaining 9 gameweeks of the English Premier League. Good luck to you all! 

Keep checking this thread as we will be updating the Leaderboards and handing out Golden Goal winners here weekly. 

Edited by KJIIOIIIKA

6 hours ago, NortonGas said:

This sounds good, I’ll join, thanks!

For the weekly golden goal challenge, will your captain goals count as single or double?

It will count as single goals. Captaincy is not applied to the Golden Goal challenge

On 6/13/2020 at 5:41 AM, KJIIOIIIKA said:

How essential is Arsenal coverage going into the 30+ Double Gameweek?

I'd take Lacazette as differential, honestly. Read somewhere that Auba is not as good in away fixtures as he is in the home ones, so that's a definite fade for me. I'd even take Nketiah somewhere down the road once we understand the rotation.

Hey guys, I just tried to join the tournament, but it says I need a password to join. Unfortunately, it never asks for a password, so there is no way I can enter a password -.-

Can someone please check?

1 hour ago, Heizi1990 said:

Hey guys, I just tried to join the tournament, but it says I need a password to join. Unfortunately, it never asks for a password, so there is no way I can enter a password -.-

Can someone please check?

You enter the tournament by CLICKING the link found at the bottom of the post. Password feature doesn't work at FanTeam, sadly. So the only way to enter a private tournament is via the link. 

P.S. Glad you have figured it out in the end.

(edited)

Superforward is sitting at the top after the Wednesday matches. Many things to happen this gameweek for sure, but Sheffield triple-up in defense looks like a cheeky move for sure.

Screenshot (7).png

Edited by KJIIOIIIKA

I did pick Ings but decided to completely fade the DGW hullabaloo. What is everybody gonna do when the time comes to dump the SHU defensive stack?

On 6/19/2020 at 10:44 PM, Meitanteikun97 said:

Here is mine.

Wonder why I picked Ward-Prowse instead of Ings 😆 🙈

photo_2020-06-19_20-41-04.jpg

Yes, Ings would've looked better. But the team is looking solid. I was impressed by Southampton, they were ready to hit the ground running from the getgo. Might be worth monitoring from the daily fantasy perspective.

20 hours ago, JumboJoe said:

I did pick Ings but decided to completely fade the DGW hullabaloo. What is everybody gonna do when the time comes to dump the SHU defensive stack?

I have only 2 SHU defenders which makes it not so hard transferring them out. Will keep one of them till the end, I think.

42 minutes ago, KJIIOIIIKA said:

I have only 2 SHU defenders which makes it not so hard transferring them out. Will keep one of them till the end, I think.

Okay, fair enough, but three is a bit excessive IMO. Plus, SHU's schedule after the double gameweek is anything but a walk in the park, so it's hard to keep even the Lord Lundstram Almighty in your team.

The first weem of the EPL Restart project is behind us, and it's time to look what is going on in our DraftGym Bench Press League. 

Stammer has risen up from the bottom half of the table following Mahrez's (13% ownership) impressive 21 point haul against Pep's favorite punching bag - Burnley. 

The manager's squad is built to last with solid picks from Wolves and MU. I am curious to see what he does with the Sheffield's Assets. 

fever, sitting in 2nd, also has Mahrez in his lineup. His squad is not so different from Stammer's but the attacking line with Arsenal's double-up looks weaker given the Gunner's form. The bench looks slightly weaker as well, to my mind, but Pope provides a decent cover for Henderson with a favorable schedule till the end of the season.

Gabinho, who finds himself 7 points off the top, has a few differentials in his squad and a solid Wolve's double-up in defense. Sarr (19%), DeGea (6%) and Cantwell (9%) might be the ones to make the difference.

Do not forget to set your lineups as the next gameweek starts today! And come back here for more analysis once GW 31+ settles.

draftgym league.png

fever.png

gabinho.png

As far as the Golden Goal challenge is concerned ttewoj222 , Stammer, feverr   and NortonGas   had teams with 5 goals scored. Stammer takes it down due to superior point score this week and 5 tickets to the 2 Euro tournament. They should have been credited to @Stammer account, let us know if there are any complications.

Gameweeks are dropping like flies! In gameweek 31 both Mykhailo Zubaka and Jumboe Joe's teams managed 6 goals each (thanks to Martial's hefty input, of course). But it's Jumboe Joe who gets 5 tickets due to a superior overall team score for the round.

zubaka.png

jumboe.png

A couple of top-20 managers have taken a -4 hit last round. Despite that, younger, kabatski and jutee92 are still in the contention with their teams looking solid. 

There;s been a change at the top of the standings. NortonGas with the best score of 88,5 this round climbs to the top thanks to the inspirational Martial captaincy. A strong bid for a top-finish, by the rest of the pack is close behind.

round 2 overall.png

nortongas.png

On 6/27/2020 at 3:00 PM, KJIIOIIIKA said:

Gameweeks are dropping like flies! In gameweek 31 both Mykhailo Zubaka and Jumboe Joe's teams managed 6 goals each (thanks to Martial's hefty input, of course). But it's Jumboe Joe who gets 5 tickets due to a superior overall team score for the round.

zubaka.png

jumboe.png

Yay! My biggest win in free tourneys to date!!!

(edited)
13 hours ago, spuGGy said:

Easy weekly win for me 🍾

SpuGGy and khan have teleported themselves up the rankings with 95,5 (week's highest) and 84,5 points respectively. NortonGas sits comfortably on top. What do all 3 have in common? You guessed it - DeBryune, Fernandes, Aubameyang (c).

It will be intreseting to see, how the managers handle the Aubameyang factor with fixtures not looking particularly plum for Arteta's troops. NortonGas's bench looks the weakest, but he has 20 points on the nearest opponent, quite a comfortable lead after 3 gameweeks played. 

@spuGGy Unfortunately for you, it's YugoSlavs who gets the Golden Goal award despite having less points. He is currently ranked 40th but his team managed to score 7 goals thanks to doubles from Ings, Aubameyang,Fernandes and a single goal from DeBryune.

nortongas.png

spuggy.png

nortongas.png

Edited by KJIIOIIIKA

Gladiator moves up to 5th following a stellar week with 91 points earned. A substantial chunk of those points (10) were contributed by McCarthy who capitalized on MCI's wastefulness. 

NortonGas is making no mistakes (yes, he also had McCarthy) and sits comfortably on top with a nearly 40 point lead! The only misstep was leaving Saka on the bench who walked away with 7 points from the Wolves encounter.

A closely knit pack is chasing with only 8 points separating 2nd from 7th. Fanteam regulars khan, SpuGGy and Stammer will certainly give chase to the runaway leader. 

gladiator.png

nortongas.png

week33.png

Alonso for a 4 point hit instead of Azpi or James was a mistake! Definitely can’t complain though - double digit haul from every captain has been fortunate!

Can I check Man City v Newcastle isn’t showing as a GW34 fixture. Is that a mistake?

FC7FC225-004D-4D1C-AE7B-90ADB30ECD54.jpeg

1 hour ago, NortonGas said:

Alonso for a 4 point hit instead of Azpi or James was a mistake! Definitely can’t complain though - double digit haul from every captain has been fortunate!

Can I check Man City v Newcastle isn’t showing as a GW34 fixture. Is that a mistake?

FC7FC225-004D-4D1C-AE7B-90ADB30ECD54.jpeg

That's a good point, because this fixture is listed in GW 34+ in the season-long game.