KJIIOIIIKA

Ask me Anything with FanTeam's top-earner TTribL

Great interview! I might have a couple question:

Say if I’m wrong but I remember when ”Spring championship” or whatever it was called, launched and there were pre-tournaments where you could win those 1100€ tickets. It was like two PL rounds and you, TTriBL, won all of those five (actually you won six?) possible tickets and then you was first player with 5 tickets. Was is it really so easy than this maybe sounds? And what was your thoughts for this upcoming tournament, the prizes were huge. Unfortunatelly, it was cancelled but I guess there will be come the other one. (Hopefully not with pursuit system)

I keep you the best soccer manager at the moment and the numbers says also so. How much time you use on the normal week for example to Premier League Monster tournament?

When the line-ups will release at one hour before the first games and you have like 50 teams. How hurry is this hour for you? For me, with 20-30 teams, it really is and sometimes I just don’t have enough time to make good decisions.

When the tournaments starts, do you have some other players whose teams you will firstly check? Or is there any other players whose playing you follow? Tell some not so popular name who is on top or you think he maybe will be some day if you have someone in your mind.

Is there some reason why you don’t play the season game or H2H-games? Do you think you are on your best just in big single tournaments?

But all in all, thank you if you will answer or be not answered to my questions. I have followed you on the whole soccer season and I feel that I’ve learned a lot from you by checking your teams and how you used to play.

Do you define a certain pool of players for the tour (and captains), or do you try to make it as wide as possible?
To be honest, I sometimes do not understand the choice. One time you made Igalo the captain, who has just moved to United and he was just not planned to come out in the match. You don't consider such decisions negative at a distance? After all, this is not just a differential, it is a super-mega differential).

How do you feel about introducing a Vice-captain and multiplying points by 1.5?

Tell us about your career as a player in a bookmaker's office - which office do you play in?

Спасибо,за интересное чтиво.xg статистика,так ли важна для анализа игр/игроков в настоящее время или это побольше мере пыль в глаза?.

On 6/7/2020 at 4:12 PM, Xattab said:

Спасибо,за интересное чтиво.xg статистика,так ли важна для анализа игр/игроков в настоящее время или это побольше мере пыль в глаза?.

Here is the translation of the question: thank you for an interesting read. Is xG really important when analyzing games/players, or is it just smoke and mirrors?

(edited)
On 6/2/2020 at 8:54 AM, flashy said:

Great interview! I might have a couple question:

Say if I’m wrong but I remember when ”Spring championship” or whatever it was called, launched and there were pre-tournaments where you could win those 1100€ tickets. It was like two PL rounds and you, TTriBL, won all of those five (actually you won six?) possible tickets and then you was first player with 5 tickets. Was is it really so easy than this maybe sounds? And what was your thoughts for this upcoming tournament, the prizes were huge. Unfortunatelly, it was cancelled but I guess there will be come the other one. (Hopefully not with pursuit system)

I keep you the best soccer manager at the moment and the numbers says also so. How much time you use on the normal week for example to Premier League Monster tournament?

When the line-ups will release at one hour before the first games and you have like 50 teams. How hurry is this hour for you? For me, with 20-30 teams, it really is and sometimes I just don’t have enough time to make good decisions.

When the tournaments starts, do you have some other players whose teams you will firstly check? Or is there any other players whose playing you follow? Tell some not so popular name who is on top or you think he maybe will be some day if you have someone in your mind.

Is there some reason why you don’t play the season game or H2H-games? Do you think you are on your best just in big single tournaments?

But all in all, thank you if you will answer or be not answered to my questions. I have followed you on the whole soccer season and I feel that I’ve learned a lot from you by checking your teams and how you used to play.

Hi, flashy. Thanks for your interesting and relevant questions.

Lady luck played her part when I managed to win a few tickets in quick succession. It's impossible to do it so quickly on skill alone. On the other end of the spectrum was my trying to win a 1000 euro ticket back in winter. I just couldn't seem to qualify and ended up spending more on satellites than the price of a single entry.

It's a shame the world flipped upside down this spring ruining many of our plans. Looking at what Fanteam doing right now, I sincerely hope such tournament will take place in the near future. The only thing I am worried about is that it might be held in Pursuit format.

Thank you for your praise. Now many things have changed and football fantasy tournaments have become more mechanical and automated. It is a far cry from the fantasy I fell in love with. Now I started to analyze players in general since the tournament format changes often. Today we might see a 5, 6 or 7-player tournament with a 3-4-5 players from a single club restriction. General player analysis allows me to draft a team for any format within 1 hour. There are many tournaments on offer, so I spend about 20-30 hours a week on doing research and creating teams.

I don't have a universal answer to this question. Sometimes I am willing to sacrifice my team quality so that my Safety Net player ends up a differential. When I have time, I try to optimize my lineup by making changes. Anyways, the last hour before kick-off is very difficult and I try to put 100% of effort into it.

After the start of the tournament, I usually look at ownership percentages of my players to understand how the crowd rates them. I don't have enough concentration and perseverance to analyze my opponents teams, although I have to admit it is good practice and will give you a certain edge. I respect daaceofdiamonds and diddy to spurning me on in my development. Other strong competitors can be easily found on top of profit leaderboards.

I make a few entries into the seasonal game, but I generally ignore this format as it takes much time with low equity. In the coming season I will either ignore the seasonal game altogehter or make many entries to maximize my expected value. 1-hour deadline, a huge prize pool and, most importantly, the classic fantasy format makes me think I would prefer the second option in the end. I don't have time to play h2h and I've decided to sacrifice it. With the current rake %, the main beneficiary of head-to-head competition is the platform, not the players.

Sorry for taking so long to answer your questions, I've been quite busy. Thanks again for your questions, I enjoyed answering them. Good luck in your games, the way things stand right now you can't do without it)

Edited by KJIIOIIIKA
resized the font

On 6/2/2020 at 7:32 PM, aleksey said:

Do you define a certain pool of players for the tour (and captains), or do you try to make it as wide as possible?
To be honest, I sometimes do not understand the choice. One time you made Igalo the captain, who has just moved to United and he was just not planned to come out in the match. You don't consider such decisions negative at a distance? After all, this is not just a differential, it is a super-mega differential).

How do you feel about introducing a Vice-captain and multiplying points by 1.5?

Tell us about your career as a player in a bookmaker's office - which office do you play in?

Hi, Aleksey. Ideally, I would like to single out a core group of players for every tournament, but I simply have no time to do it. So it's rather situational every time. Of course, some of my decisions are questionable. I can always explain the reasons of my choices but these reasons won't be correct 100% of the time) We all make mistakes and it's inevitable. But you can minimize the number of mistakes you make.

I find the vice-captaincy option rather intriguing but fitting mostly for 1-match slates since there is a higher chance same lineups by multiple users there.

I tried experimenting with different gambling-related activities as soon as I turned 18 - bookmakers, poker, trading. Bookies have become my favorite since I've always loved sports. Unfortunately, most bookies fight against winning players, sometimes cheating their players, even stealing their money. They may overcomplicate withdrawals or set up additional commission. Sooner or later my accounts were blocked or set to a certain limit in pretty much every so-called 'hobby bookmakers'. 1xbet blocked over 10k euros on my account. So my advice here would be either playing for fun without an ambition of making a living out of it, or looking for bookies with solid reputation which are harder to beat though. Now I am using vodds and asianodds aggregators it's been a rather good experience over the past few years with only a few minor niggles.

On 6/8/2020 at 5:28 PM, KJIIOIIIKA said:

Here is the translation of the question: thank you for an interesting read. Is xG really important when analyzing games/players, or is it just smoke and mirrors?

Hi, Hattab. That's a good question. I don't think there is a definite answer as different players approach research differently. Someone watches a lot of matches, some trust the bookies odds, some rely on underlying data such as xG etc. A healthy combination of all these factors would be optimal in my opinion. I personally don't have time to watch many games, so I rely on data and technicalities when preparing for slates.